Agricultural briquetting – Bedding solution
Most animal bedding is made either from wood shavings or shredded straw. C.F. Nielsen now offers an attractive alternative – to use shredded briquettes from straw for bedding, which absorbs more than 4 times more water than normal straw.
Our briquetting presses compress the raw material under high pressure and generate friction heat. When the technology is used for wheat straw the method generates small steam explosions in the straw and the characteristics changes, so that the straw can absorb more water than normal straw.
Our presses are combined with a straw handling line, that efficiently handles the straw. The concept has the following advantages:
- The shredded straw absorbs more than 4 times more water than normal straw
- Due to the high absorbtion level amount, bedding can be reduced by approx. 30% compared to other types of bedding
- The compression through the press heat treats the straw and reduces bacteria and spores to an absolute minimum
- Smaller particles and dust have been filtered – which is more healthy for the animals
- The bedding material does not contain any additives
- Stones and sand are removed during the process
- After use the material can either be used directly in a biogas plant or plowed down in the field